Linda Runbeck – State Representative, Dist. 38A
Linda Runbeck is an experienced small business owner, former corporate executive at County Seat Stores and Dahlberg, Inc. and elected officeholder at the local and state level. Besides her experience in the public and private sectors, Linda spent several years in the non-profit sector becoming president of the Taxpayers League of MN. She has served six terms (non-consecutive) in the Minnesota House, two terms in the Senate, and earlier served on the Circle Pines City Council. Currently, she chairs the House Transportation and Regional Governance Policy Committee. The StarTribune profiled her work in the legislature and dubbed her a “champion of free enterprise”.
In the community, Linda has served on both the Chain of Lakes YMCA and Northwest YMCA advisory boards and received their Distinguished Leader Award. She and her husband have been a host family for the AFS student exchange program in 2010 and 2014. They previously were counselors for Junior Achievement in St. Paul. Runbeck is a graduate of Bethel University with a BA in sociology and social work. They are long-time residents of Circle Pines, and their daughter, Britta, is a graduate of Centennial schools.
- Lifetime “Friend of the Taxpayer” from the Taxpayers League of MN
- Consistently endorsed by MN Chamber of Commerce, NFIB, Republican Party, Minnesota Farm Bureau
- First legislator to propose across-the-board income tax cuts which became law under Governor Jesse Ventura
- Solid pro-life voting record
- Led the fight & co-authored major workers’ comp reform
- One of 19 legislators named “Distinguished Legislator of 2014” by the League of MN Cities